All-on-4 – Mount Prospect, IL
Replacing an Entire Arch of Missing Teeth
How can you re-complete your smile after extensive tooth loss? While many people continue to rely on traditional dentures, Dr. Khan and the rest of our team at Epic Periodontics & Implant Center can offer a more advanced solution. All-on-4 lets you enjoy the advantages that come with having dentures attached to sturdy dental implant posts – and in many cases, you’ll be able to receive your new teeth immediately after your dental implant surgery! Reach out to us today for more information about All-on-4 and what makes it stand out from other tooth replacement options.
Why Choose Epic Periodontics & Implant Center for All-on-4?
- Highly Trained Periodontal Specialist
- State-of-the-Art Technology
- In-House Savings Plan Available
How Do All-on-4 Implants Work?
If you’re familiar with traditional dental implants, then you likely already know that they are surgically placed in the jawbone to act as artificial tooth roots. The All-on-4 procedure involves four dental implant posts, and each one is placed in precisely chosen spots in the jaw at carefully chosen angles. The idea is to give the implant posts a chance to take advantage of the parts of the jaw where the bone is thickest, allowing them to provide the necessary support for a full denture.
Am I a Candidate for All-on-4 Implants?
Even if you’re currently unable to undergo a traditional dental implant procedure, you could still be a candidate for All-on-4. Because of the way the implant posts are placed, All-on-4 can be a viable option even for those with lower jawbone density.
Before we move forward with All-on-4, we will need to confirm that your mouth is free of gum disease and other oral health issues. Additionally, since dental implants are meant to last a lifetime, it’s important to make sure that you’re able to commit to practicing excellent oral hygiene in order to protect your new smile.
Benefits of All-on-4 Implants
If you’re not sure whether or not you want to commit to All-on-4, our team is happy to help explain the benefits that you’ll be able to enjoy once the treatment is complete. Here are some of the advantages:
- Easy to Clean: Do you not like the idea of having to take your dentures out every night to clean them? With All-on-4, your new teeth will stay permanently anchored in your mouth and can simply be brushed and flossed. In other words, you can give them the same kind of care that you would give your natural teeth.
- Prevent Bone Loss: Just like real tooth roots, dental implants can help stimulate your jaw. Said stimulation is essential for stopping the jaw from losing bone density over time.
- A Varied Diet: Thanks to the bite force and chewing power provided by your dental implant posts, you will be able to eat all kinds of foods without issue.
All-on-4 vs. Traditional Implants
With traditional dental implant placement techniques, it could take 6 or even 8 dental implant posts to provide enough support for a full denture. All-on-4 makes it possible to restore your smile with fewer posts. On top of that, patients who would only be able to get traditional dental implants after bone grafting might be able to undergo All-on-4 right away, thus saving a significant amount of time. And finally, a customized denture can often be provided right after All-on-4 surgery, meaning there’s no need for you to go without teeth for a while.